Worship at Gloria Dei Saturdays 5:00pm, Sundays 9:00am and 10:30am

Advent/Christmas Schedule

Hello Gloria Dei,

I simply want to remind you of some of what is happening at Gloria Dei this month.

• Augustana Vespers at Gloria Dei: Friday and Saturday, December 3 – 4, at 7:30 p.m. (Tickets Required)
  • Due to Vespers, our Saturday worship on December 4 will take place at 5:00 p.m. in the Chapel.
  • Midweek Advent Services, Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
  • Service of Hope & Remembrance:  Saturday, December 11 at 5 p.m.
  • Advent Musical Cantata:  Sunday, December 12, 9:00 & 10:30 a.m.
  • Church School Christmas Program:  Sunday, December 12 at 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday, December 15 at 6:00 p.m.
  • Live Nativity: Sunday December 19, 1-3 p.m.
  • Christmas Eve Services:  Friday December 24, at 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. (Children Emphasis), 4:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 9:00 p.m.
  • NO WORSHIP ON SATURDAY DECEMBER 25
  • Regular Worship Times on Sunday, December 26:  9:00 & 10:30 a.m.
  • NO WORSHIP ON SATURDAY JANUARY 1
  • Regular Worship Times on Sunday, January 2:  9:00 & 10:30 a.m.

Also, the congregation has received a heartfelt Thank You from Pastor Dwight upon his retirement. I’ve included it here:

Dear Gloria Dei,
        A blessed Advent and Christmas to all! Thank you for the kindness of the retirement gift that you shared with me and my family on my last weekend of worship with you. I will indeed enjoy Sioux Falls golf and think of you and give thanks for you whenever I play a round. And thank you for the gift card to Scheels, we appreciate it very much. Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you, many thanks, a thousand thanks for the honor and privilege to serve with you in the mission and ministry of Gloria Dei. I will be forever grateful!
God’s Blessings Always,
Pastor Dwight Stensgaard

We are grateful to God for Pastor Dwight and his ministry among us.

For worship this weekend please read Luke 1:68-79 and Luke 3:1-6.

See you in worship,