Gloria Dei is involved in the synod (statewide) and national mission of the Church.
10% of our offerings is given to the SD Synod to support synodical and national ministries of the ELCA, which includes missionaries, seminaries, new mission starts, and resources for congregational ministries.
- Members of Gloria Dei worship with inmates at St. Dysmas, the congregation at the SD State Penitentiary in Sioux Falls, on a Thursday evening in February. Individuals can worship with the inmates other times as well. Paper work for a security clearance is required at least two weeks before the worship service.
Native American Ministries
Gloria Dei has a companion community relationship with the people of Soldier Creek on the Rosebud Reservation in south central South Dakota. Projects at Soldier Creek include:
- Providing propane to heat Grace Episcopal Church, which also functions as a community center for Soldier Creek.
- Providing Christmas gifts and treats to the families of Soldier Creek.
- Assisting in building repair
- Gloria Dei is a mission partner of Iglesia Pueblo de Dios, a ministry to the growing Latino community in Sioux Falls. Led by Pastor Jeanette Clark, the congregation is housed in Augustana Lutheran Church in the Cathedral District of Sioux Falls.
- Gloria Dei supports Lutherans Outdoors in South Dakota and Shetek Lutheran Ministries by sending campers and financial support.
- Gloria Dei gives 1% of its offerings to Campus Ministry centers at SDSU and USD.
- Gloria Dei provides financial support to Heartland Ephphatha, the ministry to the deaf community.
- Gloria Dei responds to urgent and unique needs as they arise.